It is today!! The first of October. The day that we are starting our WIP movement together. There were soo many positive comments after mentioning that I wanted to start something to finish our WIPs together. Awesome! I’m super excited that you are with me.
Since so many of us have multiple WIPs, and since it feels so good to finish a WIP every now and then I wanted to start something so motivate each other. So, every month I’m going to host #TackleThatWIP here on Sugaridoo. (Thanks Liesbeth for this awesome hashtag suggestion!) This will hopefully give us some accountability and support for the projects that we really want to finish.
It doesn’t matter if you only need to finish the binding of a quilt, if you need to sew together an amigurumi or if you want to set a milestone for your own project such a finishing a quilt top or adding 10 rows to your crochet blanket. It all helps tackling your WIP right?
What’s the plan?
Here’s the plan.
- I will put a blog post online on the 1st of the month (that’s this post).
- You can pick a WIP goal that you want to finish this month
- Enter a picture of your WIP with your goal during the first 4 days of the this month.
- In the last week of the month I’ll post a new blog post where you can enter a picture of your WIP when it’s finished.
- You have until the last day of the month to enter your results of the month when you reached your goal.
- Every finished WIP goal (that was announced in the beginning of the month) will give you one entry into that months give away.
Are you excited? I know am!
Did you say something about a giveaway?
Yess, there will be a price each month. A finished WIP makes room for a new one, right? This month I’ll be the sponsor of the give away. For the following months different shops will sponsor the price for #TackleThatWIP.
This month’s winner can choose between a rainbow fabric bundle with Kona Solids by Robert Kaufman or a rainbow yarn collection with Musthave 100% cotton yarn by Yarn&Colors.
Enter your WIP
How to link a project
Some things to keep in mind when participating:
- Post a picture of the WIP you want to finish this month. Enter again at the end of the month to have a change to win this months price.
- Upload your own pictures only, don’t enter with a WIP that’s not yours
- Please do check out some of the other WIPs and let’s encourage each other!
- By entering a picture you give Sugaridoo permission to feature your project on the Sugaridoo social media channels
- Please don’t link to Etsy stores, giveaways or other linky parties.
My project for this month
This month I would love to work on the Sugaridoo Samper. I still need to add details to the figures in the quilt, eyes on the animals, air bubbles for the fishes, a needle for the sewing machine, etc. I’d be so happy if I could finish that this month!
And the winner is…
Next month, on the 1st of November, I’ll announce the winner of the give away. (Which will be picked randomly with help ot random.org) And also I will put some of your beautiful projects in the spotlights.
Good luck with picking your project for this month. Can’t wait to see what you will be working on!