A Dutch version of a no bake cheese cake (called monchoutaart) is probably my most cake ever! You don’t eat cake everyday, but after a meal there is always room for a dessert ;) So here you’ll find the recipe of a monchoutaart disguised in a layer dessert in a glass. Easy peasy to make, and really just as good a slice of no bake cheesecake!
To make 4 desserts you’ll need the following:
- 10 digestive biscuits with chocolate
- 30 gr butter
- 1 jar of cherries
- 2 table spoons maizena (cornstarch)
- 1 table spoon vanilla sugar
- 200 ml whipping cream (not whipped)
- 100 gr monchou (cream cheese)
- 50 gr soft white sugar
- We will start with binding the cherries. Wisk the maizena with a splash of cherry juice. Heat the rest of the cherry juice with the cherries in a small pan until it boils. Take the pan off the heat and mix in the maizena mixture. Put the pan bake on the heat and stir until the juice has thickened. Let this cool completely before making the dessert.
- Now continue with the cream cheese filling. Bring the cream cheese to room temperature. Mix the cream cheese with the soft sugar and a splash of unwhipped whipping cream.
- Whip the rest of the whipping cream with the vanilla sugar. Fold in the monchou with the whipped cream, put this filling in the fridge until you need it.
- Crumble up the cookeis and melt the butter. Mix the butter with the crumbs
- When the cherries are cooled down completely we can start filling the glasses, this is done as follows:
- Start with a layer of cookie crumbs
- Then comes a layer of cream cheese filling.
- Thirdly a layer of cherries will be added.
Repeat these three layes. When you use bigger or smaller glasses you can make more or less layer of course.
Complete the dessert with a little bit of whipped cream on top together with some crumbs. Put the desserts in the fridge until you’ll about to eat them.